The LLF Team, with support from KfW, is in the process of negotiating a project portfolio of up to seven pilot projects in 2020 / 2021. These protected areas are currently being assessed in social and environmental impact studies.
Timeline Pilot Projects Portfolio
- Start-up phase in 2020: Restricted call for up to seven pilot sites.
- November / December 2020: Seven Concept Notes received.
- January / February 2021: LLF / KfW technical feedback shared with project applicants.
- February / March 2021: External Environmental & Social Due Diligence Studies commissioned for six of the seven pilot projects.
- May / June 2021: Presenting results of the first ESDD and discussing them with project partners. ESDD recommendations and Action Plan will be integrated into the full proposal.
- May / June 2021: Signing of matching agreements between the LLF and philanthropic donors.
- From July / August 2021 onwards: Submitting full proposals to the LLF.
- Second half of 2021: Funding decision expected for at least five sites.
- Upcoming calls: Public call to be announced in late 2021/ early 2022.